COVID-19 Precautions at Kennebec Dance Centre
The safety of our dance family is our #1 priority. With respect to the ongoing global pandemic and the latest guidelines as put forth by the Maine CDC, Kennebec Dance Centre faculty and staff have adapted our studio policies and practices to ensure that we are doing absolutely everything we can to create the most clean, safe, and healthy environment possible.
Personal Protective Measures
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at all entrances, inside each dance studio, and in all common areas including the lobby and offices.
- Prominent handwashing/sanitizing signage
Temperature Checks and Screening
- Persons entering the building will have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer.
- Persons with a temperature of 99.6 or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- Upon entering, dancers and staff may be asked a series of screening questions pertaining to COVID-19 symptoms.
Social distancing in common areas.
- Overall capacity has been reduced to ensure a safer environment for dancers and staff members.
- Our lobby features two large tables with plexiglass partitions to allow dancers a safe/clean area to eat snacks/meals between classes. Meal/snack breaks are staggered to reduce crossover between different groups of dancers.
- The lobby waiting area is closed to visitors until further notice. In an effort to provide dancers with an adequate amount of space to eat safely indoors, we are not allowing additional traffic in our lobby area. An outdoor seating area with picnic tables is available to dancer and family members also. The outdoor furniture is cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Per current CDC guidelines, face coverings/masks are required for everyone ages 3 and up, regardless of vaccination status.
Environmental Surface Cleaning
- Barres and equipment are disinfected between classes.
- Lobby tables are cleaned and disinfected after every use.
- The restroom and common areas are cleaned and disinfected hourly.
- Dance studio floors are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
Ventilation and Air Circulation
- Each of our three large dance studios is equipped with high ceilings, fans, windows, and dedicated HVAC units to continuously keep the air moving and filtered.
In-Person Attendance Policy
Dancers and staff members may attend class in-person provided that they are not currently in quarantine. Anyone who is considered a close contact of a person with COVID-19 may not attend dance class in person.
Per CDC guidelines, parents/guardians should screen their children for illness before sending them to dance class and should not send their children to the studio if they are ill. The following questions are recommended for screening:
- Do you feel sick with any symptoms consistent with COVID-19? (such as new cough, shortness of breath, or other)
- Have you been around anyone who is unwell?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19?
- Within the past 24 hours have you had a fever (100.4 and above) or used any fever reducing medicine?
Virtual classes via Zoom will be provided for dancers and staff members in quarantine only. Virtual classes will NOT be offered for dancers that miss in-person class for any other reason.
If you have any questions regarding KDC’s COVID-19 procedures and precautions, please contact us at email@example.com.